Friday, April 20, 2007

When One Door Closes...

...another opens. Today was my last day of work at my current job. I really don't think it has hit me yet. Even though I've said my goodbyes and given out all my hugs and passed the torch on all of my responsibilities, it still feels like I am merely going on vacation. It will probably be over a week before I suddenly realize, "hey, I'm not ever going back to that place, am I?" For now, I am looking forward to a few days off and catching up on some much-needed relaxation before I take the plunge into my new career.

I do feel a huge sense of relief upon my departure. No more running personal errands for my boss so she can go get her hair done. No more being referred to as "just a secretary" even though I do/did WAY more than that. No more being paid jack crap while working insane hours (until midnight at one time - with NO overtime, BTW). No more being overlooked because of my age. I can now be appreciated and recognized for my talents. My degree is finally coming in handy. I will have my own business cards (YEAH!) and I will be suitably rewarded for the work I do. My ideas will be listened to and valued.

On the other hand, I will miss my coworker's and my weekly American Idol predictions (amongst other water cooler conversation). But hey, that is what email and IM are for! I will miss them and I've learned so much from each one of them. But my time has come to move on and make something of myself. I am ready for a change, no matter how hard it will be initially. I leaked a few tears as I walked to my car this afternoon and took my last look at the building. Goodbyes are always difficult, even when necessary. Call me emotional but at least I live and breath passion into everything I do. I jumped in my Jeep and sped away toward a new horizon, into the beautiful sunset (and yes, it was a gorgeous, spring-filled 72 degrees today - was that a sign?).

As part of my cycle report, a strange visitor resembling AF arrived yesterday afternoon. I have a bright red, but extremely light flow. So light that a panyliner will do the trick. That is definitely not normal for me, since I start out heavy and gradually taper off. I have a baseline u/s tomorrow just to check things out and get approval for my next round of Clomid. I am thinking the light flow is just due to the anovulation and that my lack of progesterone caused a thin lining last cycle. I guess I will find out more tomorrow AM.

And lest I forget, we found a new apartment! It is in Howard County, which is a great area of Maryland with great schools (as if we need to worry about that right now) and great shopping. We will be on the 3rd floor, which means a fireplace and cathedral ceilings. I've never had either in an apartment before so I feel like I'm moving up in the world. It is a 2br/2ba with a den, so we have plenty of room for a little one if we should happen to be blessed in the next several months. We will be moving in on May 6th so it is right around the corner. So exciting!

Doors are closing but others are opening simultaneously. (A) My career, (B) my cycle, and (C) my residence. I am about to step forward but I may need to hold your hand in anticipation of what lies beyond the doorway.

2 comments:

Alana said...

I'm glad your finally going to start your new job! Sorry the witch found you but that means a brand new cycle to start. Congrats on the apartment, sounds like a nice apartment BTW it's good that it has great schools nearby,

Good Luck with everything!

Blankenship Babbles said...

What a great new start you have...things are only looking up for you honey!!! Can't wait to hear all about your new job, apartment, and the new cycle :)~ Talk to you soon!!!