Thursday, April 12, 2007

At Your Request

It has been brought to my attention that my font was a little hard to read so I changed my font size from "small" to "regular" on all of my posts. I hope it is easier on the eyes. Please let me know if it is still a problem. I didn't realize that my computer resolution was configured at 1600 x 1200 pixels and that it could possibly be distorted in other resolutions. Forgive me, my faithful blogettes!

Is anyone watching Notes from the Underbelly right now on ABC? OMFG, they used the whole "pregnant on the first try" gig! Strike one. But I have to say the show is pretty cute and humorous. One quote was particularly hilarious:

Why does everything have to be baby-friendly? I mean, we're just going to be setting the kid up for disappointment when it finds out the world isn't adult-friendly.

Isn't that the truth? We are brought up believing that storks bring us babies from the cabbage patch and when we grow up, we all realize it doesn't quite work that way, and that it isn't nearly as simple. If only...

3 comments:

Somewhat Ordinary said...

I watched it for a few minutes and it was sort of cute. For my own personal bitter reasons I had to change it when I heard the main father to be character brag for what seemed like the millionth time about him being the man for doing it on the first try. Around our house that sort of talk is taboo! The other thing that annoyed was how come it is always the women that aren't really that into getting pregnant that seem to have the easiest time achieving it? I guess I'm just too bitter right now to enjoy the show!

Kristen said...

Yeah, I hear you! Those that question whether or not they even want to be parents are usually the ones that have the "oops" pregnancies. Meanwhile, all of us who really desperately want children have to have the most trouble. NOT FAIR!

The only reason the whole "hole in one" didn't bother me is because I can just picture my hubby boasting about his "swimmers" when it happens to us. Nevermind it may have taken us an eternity to get there...he will see it as his sperm hitting a bullseye. Men!

Southern Comfortable said...

I couldn't even bring myself to watch it!