Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Operation Clomid: Day 1

I did it, I took my first little white "magic pill". Definitely not like how it is in cartoons, when the characters take a pill or drink a potion and you see stars and dust all around them until they transform into something beautiful. I'm still waiting for the babydust to swirl itself around me and turn me into a pregnant lady. Yes, I know I need to wake up and face reality. Results do NOT happen immediately, as I am well aware. The only "magic" happening is my ovaries slowly plumping up to fire off a couple of eggs. And, of course, any side effects that decide to visit me in the meantime. But, for the first pill, I am quite fine.

I received my digital ovulation kit in the mail today. Lightening fast delivery. Thanks, Ebay! Now, I am trying to squash my POAS addiction since they are calling my name. I just yell back "AF is still here so NO WAY. You have to wait until CD12, when you get the go ahead from the RE. Stop being so darn impatient!" They listen to me for a little while after that and then they go right back to misbehaving.

The weather here is snowy and frigid. I thought the groundhog predicted an early spring??? Dumb animal. Getting my hopes up like that - you should be ashamed of yourself! I am totally ready for some warmer weather. It's March and yet it feels like January. It's times like this I wish I were cruising around the Caribbean, or at least living in Arizona.

As far as my Tuesday interview goes, it went really well. I feel good about my responses and timing. As we were nearing the end, the interviewer told me they are looking to make a decision "by the end of the month". Those seem to be the famous last words that the last prospect used. WTF takes so long? This isn't some executive managerial position. I just hate being left hanging constantly like I have nothing else better to do with my life. At least I have TTC to keep me occupied this time!

Well, time for me to go grab some food (increased appetite!) but tune in tomorrow for Day 2 of Operation Clomid.

No comments: