Monday, February 26, 2007

Silver Lining

This week is getting off to a great start. The cloud of perpetual doom looks like it has retreated for now and its silver lining remains. The bank called me today to tell me that our account has been granted a permanent $400 credit! The case has now been resolved. The police department will still be investigating the claim to see if they can catch the jerkoff who did this but if not, at least DH and I aren't out any money.

Another piece of good news: I got another call from a job prospect! Another ad agency in Baltimore is looking for an account executive. I have to call the staffing agency tomorrow for a small phone interview and then we'll see where it goes. I am excited for another opportunity since I didn't get the last job. The concierge position is still pending but they have to get back to me about setting up a second interview. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'd much rather stay in the advertising world and move up the ranks. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

All of this positivity is boosting my spirits. Even about TTC. I have a really good feeling about this upcoming cycle. I am trying not to get my hopes up too high but it is hard not to when I have so much planned with the Clomid and PCT. A December baby would be absolutely perfect. I know we have TONS of December birthdays in the family but a baby would be the greatest birthday and Christmas present ever.

Pregnancy would probably put a damper on any new job opportunities but for some reason, I just don't care about that so much. Things have a way of working out and I know it would be okay. DH and I plan for me to be a SAHM once the baby is born anyway, so at least I would help financially for another year before that happens. If an unbelievable opportunity came my way, I might consider going part-time (if they allowed me to do that) but the plan is to stay at home until the kids go to school. I do worry about starting a new job and getting pregnant right away, only to leave 9 months later. What would they think of me? Would that cause them to give me a poor evaluation and prevent me from getting jobs in the future? But then I think of having my miracle baby and that all seems so trivial. I guess I have to see what is in store for me. It is so exciting but so much to think about.

No comments: