Thursday, December 14, 2006

Up, Up and Away

As anticipated, my birthday wound up being a success. A little after my last post, my dad called to wish me a happy birthday, which put me in better spirits. I explained the situation with my mom and he was very supportive. He apologized on her behalf and comforted me. Well, a few minutes after I got off of the phone with him, my mom called back. She said that the only thing she wanted to tell me was that she had a great time with me on Saturday and that she loved me. This led me to believe that my dad must have called her to tell her I was upset and prompted her to smooth the waters.

Anyway, after work, I went home and DH followed me soon after. He gave me a beautiful card and the Gwen Stefani CD I had been wanting badly. Our friends, Erica and Ryan, met us at the apartment and gave me a gorgeous pink photo album that will be perfect for our wedding pictures. We all went to dinner at Christopher Daniel. Both DH and I got steak, but DH wasn't too fond of his. He is very partial to Ruth's Chris so it is hard to get him to like anything else. The service was also a little slow but I didn't mind. I had a great time chatting it up with my friends. I had a great time all in all.

After dinner, DH and I rented The Devil Wears Prada. We didn't get to watch it that evening because it was too late and I was bushed. Instead, we watched it last night. It was a REALLY good movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it - so much so that I want to run out and buy it for Christmas!

In other good news, I got a "possibly triphasic" message from FF today! Now, I'm trying not to get my hopes up because the same thing happened last month and I was devastated when AF came. It does raise my spirits a bit about this cycle though. I hope my temp keeps going up and up so I can get that early Christmas present!

No comments: