Saturday, December 16, 2006

Biting my Nails

Nervous doesn't even begin to describe how I am feeling tonight. I am now at 12dpo and still no symptoms. My temp is still high but hasn't taken any records. I'm thinking that if it is still high tomorrow morning, I am going to test. That way, if it happens to be positive, we can celebrate all day without having to worry about hiding our joy at work. Also, if it is negative, I can relax at home and not have to worry about putting on a happy face for anyone.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up but my chart really does look great. I have looked at the pattern compared to the past few charts and it seems to take on a more upward trend. Then again, I'm not out of the clear yet and I won't feel better until I see tomorrow's temp. Needless to say, I am biting my nails in anticipation. Please send me babydust vibes - I need all I can get!

Today has been a great day. My IL's came over today for a belated birthday celebration. I had a really nice time. They put so much effort into the day, not only driving 2 hours to our place but also cooking some great food and making me a yummy cake. SIL gave me a Calvin Klein thermal top (so cute!), MIL gave me a handmade necklace (pink!) and FIL gave Rob and I both a blanket with a picture of us on it. I LOVE THE PICTURE! I am thinking of finding a way to hang it on our wall because it is so beautiful. FIL's girlfriend bought me a pair of earrings that aren't really my style but maybe one day, I'll find an occasion to wear them to. It was so great to see the kids and spend time with the extended family. Everyone was really nice and I got to talk to everyone about us TTC. They are crossing their fingers for us so I feel we have lots of people on our side. It was very comforting and I was sad to see them go back home. At least we will see them for Christmas Eve and Christmas.

DH and I are watching the Home Alone movies tonight on cable. It is putting me in the holiday spirit. He was holding me and cuddling and he started to rub my belly. I think he is just as excited as I am about the thought of being pregnant. It felt so good and I hope our dream comes true tomorrow.

No comments: