Friday, November 17, 2006


Against popular belief, it is 15 dpo and AF still hasn't arrived to crash the party. I took an HPT this morning and got a BFN. I'm not as disappointed as I thought I'd be. Probably because I was halfway expecting it. I just wish that, if the witch is going to show, she'd just c'mon already so I can move on with the next cycle.

Today is Friday and I've never been this enthusiastic to see the weekend. This week has been one big emotional mess. My grandfather had surgery on Monday for a blood clot in his leg. On Tuesday, my very good friend Erica was in a car accident. And yesterday, well that is a whole other story...

Yesterday, my SIL called me to tell me the story. Savannah (our niece) had been sick for about 2 weeks. She had been running a fever (103+), vomiting, diarrhea, the works. My SIL took her to 3 different doctors and twice to the ER, where they did a couple of stick tests and an exam. Everyone told her there was nothing wrong with Savannah and it was probably just teething. Well, on Thursday morning, my SIL noticed that Savannah's tummy was really hard and she was breathing heavily. She called her doctor's office and demanded that they do something about it and told them she was sick of being given the heave ho. They told her to drive to the ER in Richmond, where they specialize in pediatrics. They did a CT scan on Savannah's stomach and found a large mass that had to be removed by emergency surgery. Come to find out, that mass was a 5 lb. ovarian cyst (which was half of her body weight)!!!! They had to remove her ovary and fallopian tube so now the poor thing only has one side left.

What is wrong with these doctors? How could you not notice this during an exam?! Thankfully, my SIL was so adamant about it that they caught it in time before it caused anymore serious damage. But I can't help but wonder if they had caught this sooner, would they have been able to save her parts? I just can't believe that this would happen to a 6-month old baby. Now, for the rest of her life, she will have to live with this loss. I just hope that this was the one major tragedy she had to endure and that it will be nothing but positivity from here on out.

Not to mention that yesterday, we had a flash flood here in Baltimore and our work building was evacuated around 3pm. It was torrential rain on the way home and some of the major highways were beginning to flood. It was super scary but I just took it slow (like 30 mph slow) until I got home. I refused to go back outside after that mess.

Needless to say, I'm ready for the weekend. I can't take anymore bad news so I hope something good happens soon!

No comments: