Wednesday, November 01, 2006

First Of The Month

Wow, so I can't believe it's November 1st! Time sure has flown by, as it tends to do. Christmas is only 54 days away. It seems so much closer by counting the days rather than saying seven and a half weeks. I really need to get on the ball this year with the shopping. I always wait until the last possible second to get gifts. I guess part of the reason is that I have no idea what to get people. DH is so picky, which makes it really hard to choose anything. Of course, I can be quite indecisive at times so that doesn't help either.

Yesterday, I had my doctor's appointment to check my thyroid. Unfortunately, they couldn't do the bloodwork there in the office so I have to make a trip to Quest Diagnostics bright and early tomorrow morning. She wants to check my TSH and T4 levels for my thyroid, a liver workup, and also a CBC to make sure I'm not anemic. I did, however, take a urine test and as I suspected, I have a flaming bladder infection. Yuck! So, now, I'm on antibiotics for 3 days. I've had some bad experiences with nausea and a supressed appetite with other antibiotics but this time, they put me on Bactrim. I've never used this before so we'll see if this one's any better.

As yesterday was Halloween, DH and I decided to play it cool and stay indoors with a horror movie-fest. We watched Halloween and Carrie, which DH had never seen before. It was fun to just spend time with him since I feel like we're always working or doing stuff separately.

On the fertility front, I've had EWCM for the past two days and some mild pain in both my left and right ovaries. Not too sure if this is just a patch of fertile CM or if O is really on the way. I have yet to see my temp spike so I don't have my hopes up. We BD'd the past two nights just to be sure but my mojo still hasn't returned to me! It is so unusual because I'm used to being the one that wants it more.

Last night, as I was picking up my prescription, I mentioned purchasing some OPKs. He didn't seem thrilled with the idea of spending money on them so I let it go. However, I might go grab some cheap ones anyway just to see if it gives me a better idea of what my body is doing. I know I shouldn't go behind his back but I really feel like it is necessary in this case. Since I have this infection, we aren't supposed to BD so we can ensure it gets cleared up. But if I'm about to O, then we need to be able to catch that egg! With an OPK, it would tell me if I'm close or not so I know if we can afford to wait. I just don't want to miss a golden opportunity.

No comments: