Friday, October 06, 2006

It's About Time!

Well, ladies and gentlemen, it finally happened...I ovulated!!! Woohoo!!! Fertility Friend gave me my crosshairs today so now I'm officially 3 days into the 2ww. The 2ww is the period of torture between when you ovulate and when AF decides to crash the party. So, instead of obsessing over when I will O, I can obsess over whether or not a BFP is in the cards this month. Since DH was sick for 2 days, we didn't get to BD in the 2 days right before O. We did manage to get the day of and the day after. So while our chances are good, they aren't the best they could be. I am still optimistic and hopeful as always.

Last night, I had the weirdest thing happen. I woke up a little before 4am with major bloating and cramps below my bellybutton. I had to go pee pretty badly so I took care of business and laid back in bed. I was pretty gassy (I know, TMI) so it may have been gas pains. Luckily, I fell asleep about a half-hour later but it is unusual for me to wake up at all during the night. Usually, I can sleep through a nuclear disaster.

Anyhow, I am pretty excited about my descent into 2ww-dom. It was a nice gift for a cold, rainy Friday. I have a feeling this weekend is going to rock. Tomorrow night, I get to go to a sex toy party where I will reunite with some old faces from back in high school. I haven't seen these girls in close to 6 years, so I can't wait to hang out with them again. I'm sure once we are all together, it will be just like old times. You don't just lose friendships like that.

In the name of fun, I took a baby predictor quiz yesterday. Here is what Madame Zaritska sensed for me:

The day you deliver, outside will be sunny. Your baby will arrive in the afternoon. After a labor lasting approximately 19 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 13 ounces, and will be 20-1/2 inches long. This child will have blue eyes and some very fine hair. But there is more. I sense that you are in need of distraction. Some enjoyment. Have you thought about belly painting? Take a look.

I was like, 19 hours! I sure hope that it doesn't last that long or I will die! But I'm diggin' the girl part. And the weight is good too - no C-section! The fact that it predicts sunny weather means a summer baby. If we get pregnant this month, our baby would be due in June, just after our anniversary! What a great present that would be! But if not, the next three months are sunny too so here's hoping...

No comments: