Monday, October 02, 2006

Autumn is here

This morning when I left for work, I could smell it in the air. The brisk wind, the fresh scent - fall was here. The weather the past few days has been wonderful. Not chilly enough to require a jacket, but not quite hot enough to break out the swimsuit. It's hard to believe that it's October. It seems like just yesterday, I was in my wedding gown getting married. Now, as the seasons are changing, so goes life.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


If you know me well, you know that I don't go out much. I mean, I go for drives or over to my friends' houses but I don't go barhopping or clubbing. As a matter of fact, the times I have gone partying were usually someone else's idea and I just went along for the ride. It's really not my scene. To me, it's just a reason for young, horny guys to congregate and one-up each other by attempting to serenade their conquest for the evening. Many of these guys have an IQ of about 90 and egos so big they can barely squeeze past the bouncers at the door. And the girls at the bar/club can be just as bad. By taking one look at one of these girls, I feel like I should give her some money so she can buy clothes that are actually long enough to cover her rear end! I feel like I need to light a cigarette and give her some cab fare since I've just seen her holiest of holies. Ok, I'm sorry for the rant, but my point is that I've been totally over the bar and club scene since freshman year of college.

Well, my lovely cousins broke me out of my indoor spell this weekend and took me and the DH out to a bar. I didnt drink but damn, did I have a fun time! I met some new people, and the change of scenery really made me feel energetic. It was a smokeless bar so I didn't have to gasp for air and reek of nicotine for the ride home. Eventually, it got to the point where I was the only sober one and it got a little old when everyone started up with the drunken antics. But, all in all, I had a blast just hanging out with the girls. My favorite part of the evening was probably getting ready. You know, primping in the mirror for an hour and blasting some bubblegum pop tunes. I will never get too old for that.

It has been forever since I've had an alcoholic drink. It's definately been a good, solid 9 months or so. When we began TTC back in February, I gave up drinking. My theory was to treat my body like a temple. I want my body to be pure and healthy, so that my sticky bean has the best shot in the world of staying put. The more inviting I can make my body, the more likely my baby will stick around. At least, that's how I see it.

While we're on the subject of health, DH is now sick with a stomach bug. He kept me up all hours last night with frequent trips to the bathroom. I think I got a good 4 hours of sleep so I'm wiped out today. Poor thing worked from home today and still felt bad when I came home. I'm hoping he'll sleep it off and feel better soon. I certainly don't want to catch it and I need my daily dose of kisses!

We're on day 27 of Egg Watch - still no signs of O. I had some breast tenderness and mild cramps today but that doesn't really mean much. I'm kind of hoping I don't O right now because DH and I can't BD if he's sick. I'm still keeping a watchful eye on it. That is, until I nod off...

No comments: