Thursday, December 28, 2006


I'm finally back from our holiday madness. It was so wonderful to see our family down in Atlanta, even though it was short-lived. The rainy weather made it a 12-hour trip there but thanks to the new GPS system I bought DH, we were able to avoid traffic at all costs. Thankfully, the trip home was a fast 9-hour drive. We spent actual Christmas Day with DH's mother, sister and the kiddos. It was so great to see Christmas through the children's eyes, as they still believe in Santa and the other traditions. It was wonderful to see family and exchange gifts. There were so many gifts for everyone that it took 4 hours to open them all! DH and I made out like bandits. We got tons of new kitchen stuff, clothes, jewelry, etc. It was definately a holiday for the memory books! We'll be seeing my parents this weekend for the New Year celebration so that will be a blast too. It truly has been a whirlwind the past week with all of the traveling. I still feel like I need to catch up on sleep. I had tons of fun but it certainly has worn me out and I am glad to be home and be able to relax with DH.

The holidays are always a joyful time but this year, they are sort of bittersweet. Being around all the children and playing with them only makes my baby fever burn hotter. I can't help but think that it could of been our baby's first Christmas this year. It was even more disappointing that we didn't have news to share. I always dreamed about being around a bunch of family and breaking the news. But, it looks like that will have to wait. If this whole TTC experience has taught me anything, it is definately the virtue of patience!

Currently, I am in the boring waiting to O part of the cycle. I have started to get the preliminary EWCM and wetness that I usually get, although I probably won't O for another week. I have some OPK's I bought last month that I can use to make sure we really hit the mark with the BD timing. We'll also know when to break out the Pre-Seed. I would love to have a rating of "excellent" this go round.

Today is my first day back to work and it is the slowest it has ever been. My boss is out sick with the flu and so far, I am the only one holding down the fort. Luckily, she told me I could leave between 1 and 2pm so I only have to put up with this boredom for about 2 more hours. After I get off, I will probably call the insurance company to take care of some business. I need to call to set up my PCP but I also need to ask about the infertility testing and treatment that is covered and what process we need to follow to get help. I am moving little by little toward our goal and it gives me a glimmer of hope. I feel like we are moving closer to our bundle of joy.

No comments: