Monday, October 23, 2006

Under The Weather

Sorry for the long absence but I've had yet another busy weekend. Except this time, both DH and I were left with a souvenir of sickness.

On Saturday, we went over to my FIL's house to celebrate Rob's BIL's 29th birthday. I had a great time with the family. I spent lots of time with my SIL's kids (my niece and nephew), Savannah (5 months) and Andre (7). It really makes me want children of my own. They just light up my life. We went for a boat ride out on Mosey, my FIL's 69' masterpiece in the making. It was a gorgeous, brisk October day and perfect for a day on the river. My SIL and I talked the whole time and I realized how thrilled I am to I finally have a sister. It's like, now that DH and I are married, I have a whole new family. Not that they could ever replace the one I have, but it is so amazing to have even more people to turn to and love. Here are some pictures from the day:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


That night, we all hung out and just reminisced, listening to some old-school rap music. I learned about when Rob first told his sister about me and how he wasn't sure of his feelings for me because he had been hurt so many times before. I learned about the first time my SIL thought I was "the one". Everyone shared some shots of rum but I kept mine to a minimum. SIL and I took a walk outside just laughing and talking. I had the greatest time. I didn't want it to end but everyone eventually crashed.

On Sunday, we drove home so Rob could go to a study group. While he was away, I went out with Erica to the movies to see Marie Antoinette. I have to say it was a visually stunning film. I really felt as if I were in the French court. I expected to learn more about the history behind the French revolution but really it was more about Marie's relationship with Louis XVI and her loneliness in the world. It ended in such a way that I was like, "is that all"? I craved more, even if it meant a 3 hour film. I enjoyed Sofia Coppola's other films, The Virgin Suicides and Lost In Translation, so I knew I'd like this as well. She really captures human emotion in all of her female characters and I leave her movies feeling moved.

Later that night, however, I came down with a debilitating fever that eventually spread to DH. We both called out of work sick today and spent the day in bed. Poor DH had an exam at 7pm but he pulled himself together to get it done and came home feeling content about it. My head pounds as I write this but I'm praying that the Aleve does the trick.

No comments: