Monday, November 26, 2007

Giving Thanks Never Gets Old

The beautiful and creative JJ always has such wonderful ideas for giving back and showing support to our fellow sisters, and her latest endeavor doesn't disappoint.

As part of giving thanks, she challenges us to think back to the first blog that inspired us to become bloggers ourselves. The first person who made us truly believe we were not alone.

I owe the inception of my blog to Jamie.

I discovered Jamie's blog in early 2006. I was a relative newbie on the TTC journey but with one miscarriage under my belt, I knew it probably wouldn't be an easy one. I consulted good 'ole Google for other people like me - suffering from infertility or loss. Initially, I wasn't sure if I wanted to put my experiences out there for everyone to see but when I came across Jamie's blog, I was just inspired. She poured her heart out and really bared her soul with each post. I felt deeply connected to her through her words. And I wanted to touch people in the same way. I wanted to help someone else who may be lost or lonely. In September that year - about 6 months after my initial discovery - Sticky Bean was born.

So, I would like to take this opportunity to thank my muse. Blog you very much, Mrs. D!

2 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

hey thats awesome ..shei s the reason I blog too

JJ said...

Thanks for sharing!